Labels

Friday, January 29, 2016

Making Money for Good Week 3

The company I picked was Wal Mart. Wal Mart is an American retail corporation that operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores and grocery stores. It is the world's largest company by revenue. I didn't know this information prior but after I looked into it I found that they gave money and products to charity. I found this information on http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-generous-companies-in-america-2013-7. Although the article is a few years old I thought it was interesting.
  • How much it gave: $311,607,280 (cash); $755,868,381 (products)
  • Share of 2011 pretax profits donated in 2012: 4.5%
  • Forecast for 2013: Expects to give more.

As I researched further I found more recent statistics and information.
"The Foodbank acknowledges the Wal-Mart Foundation for their recognition and support of these critical programs." This article also stated that at least one in four people in the country receive some level of services from the Foodbank. I found this site: http://lompocrecord.com/news/local/wal-mart-foundation-shows-support-for-foodbank-of-santa-barbara/article_010e166e-301e-5f54-ab23-a92697350f9a.html that was updated on January 27, 2016. The money they donate goes to more food and the distribution of their products to people and families around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment